Sisters and Brothers
On May 30th your Negotiation Team reached a tentative agreement with the NB Association of Nursing Homes. We will be presenting the tentative agreement to your Local Executive on June 8th. Your Local Executive will be advising you of the date and time for the presentation and vote for your Local soon.
TO: All Members of NBCNHU
FROM: NBCNHU Negotiations Team
DATE: April 10, 2018
C.C.: Reps assigned to Nursing Homes
Sandy Harding, Maritimes Regional Director
Sisters and Brothers:
As you are probably aware, negotiations broke off on March 23nd and both sides agreed to apply for conciliation.
There have been few new developments since the last update. The Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour has appointed John Green as the conciliation officer and we are looking at the end of May to meet face to face.
Because of this development, we have had to change the Education Day for this year’s AGM, which is scheduled for May 23rd. The new topic for Education Day will be “STRIKE PREPARATION”. It is very important that your Local sends delegates to this year’s AGM as we need to start preparing for the possibility of not reaching an agreement in conciliation. Some of the topics that will be covered are National Strike Guidelines, Strike Pay, Strike Tactics, and Essential Services.
Should you require further information or have questions, please contact one of the members of the Provincial Executive.
Your Negotiations Team
Greetings Sisters and Brothers,
As most of you are aware your Negotiation Team met with the Employers team on March 23, 2018. After a few exchanges we have reached an impasse and we will now be applying for conciliation, this is the next step in the process.
All Locals need to contact their Servicing Rep and set up meetings to complete the designations process. The only way a Local can take a strike vote is if they have completed their designations. Your Negotiation Team will communicate with you when we have further information.
NBCNHU Negotiations Committee
Just an update to let you know, that we will be returning to the negotiating table on March 23, 2018. We are currently dealing with the monetary package and a few outstanding issues. We will inform you after the next round on where we are at, with our negotiations.
NBCNHU negotiation team
December 12th and 13th of 2017
Workload Committee met in Fredericton to collaborate for the upcoming months. It was then that we kicked off the upcoming year with sending Christmas cards to all the MLA’s informing them that they would be hearing from us in the New Year.
January 19th and 20th of 2018
Your workload committee met at the Fredericton Inn and came up with the following.
- For our upcoming and new holiday “family day” we planned an event to re-inform our MLA’s that we are still here and to give them an idea of what we want.
- The committee has planned another survey to collect information for statistics. This will be carried out by the ambassador of each local.
- The committee has formed an April fools Status for our Facebook pages informing public to contact their local MLA’s. Also discussed a possibility of a FAQ’s flyer to take to our local ridings.
- With permission of our locals administration. We hope to have a flyer to hand out to family members and visitor in the home about the acuity of care and its changes. This would occur on mothers day.
- In June we plan to follow suit with the above mentioned flyer on father’s day.
- It is in process of forming a legal petition. Launching on father’s day and carrying through to August 6th on NB day. It is then that we would like to collect all workload forms, picture books of “the real face of our workplace” and the petition to hand in.
- With these plans in progress we have also formed a slogan of “3.1 is not enough” . We have formed templates for our flyers, leaflets, posters, and banner.
We also discussed visiting different locals for their community gatherings to host a BBQ and help raise awareness of the workload we face, and where to take their concerns.
Your workload committee
Greeting Sisters & Brothers
On behalf of the NBCNHU negotiation’s team here is an update on our bargaining for a new collective agreement. Your team met on November 6, 7, and 8, 2017 with minimal movement on some of the proposals which are still on the table.
We have been informed by the employers chief negotiator that their team needs direction from the Board of Directors of the NBANH on some of the outstanding issues. Dates scheduled for November 27- 29, 2017 have been canceled until the employer meets with their board on December 12, 2017. We have future dates confirmed for January 18 and 19 as well as the week of January 29 – February 2, 2018.
Your negotiation team will keep you updated when we receive any new information.
Wayne Brown President NBCNHU